Maryland $3000 One-Time Excise Tax Credit for Plug-in EV [Expired]
ATTENTION- 4/20/22 Funding Status Update: Funding for the FY22 EVSE Rebate Program has been depleted with 100% of the budgeted funds having been committed. Please check program website for funding updates!
Program details: You may be eligible for a one-time excise tax credit, up to $3000.00, when you purchase a qualifying plug-in electric vehicle. Effective July 1, 2023 through July 1, 2027, an individual may be entitled to receive an excise tax credit on a qualifying plug-in electric vehicle regardless of whether they own or lease the vehicle. Business entities may also qualify for the tax credit on up to ten vehicles.
- The criteria for a qualifying plug-in electric vehicle are as follows:
- The vehicle must be primarily for use on public streets, roads and highways.
- The vehicle cannot be modified from manufacturer's specifications.
- Must be a new vehicle titled for the first time between July 1, 2023 and July 1, 2027.
- The vehicle must be acquired for use by the taxpayer, and not for resale.
- The vehicle must be capable of recharge from external source of electricity.
- Has a battery capacity of at least 4.0 kilowatt-hours.
- Has a total purchase price not exceeding $50,000.
• Restrictions apply, visit program website for details.